Can my child attend a school outside of our “home” district boundaries?

Maybe. Students must be released by their “home” school district and meet the eligibility criteria set forth by the desired school district. This process is called an Interdistrict/Intradistrict Attendance/Transfer Agreement. La Palma schools have agreed to a general policy of allowing transfers, but this is not a requirement. If either the “home” school district or the desired school district does not approve the transfer request, the student must attend the “home” school. State law allows (but does not require) school districts to use a parent’s place of employment for determining residency requirements for school attendance. Usually, transfer requests are denied if it will significantly affect average daily attendance figures.

[La Palma Schools]

Show All Answers

1. How do I get more information about La Palma schools and district boundaries?
2. Why are there are so many school districts serving La Palma?
3. I heard La Palma students can attend any school in the City; is this true?
4. Can my child attend a school outside of our “home” district boundaries?
5. What is average daily attendance?
6. How do I obtain an Interdistrict/Intradistrict Attendance/Transfer Agreement?
7. My child was denied an Interdistrict/Intradistrict Attendance/Transfer Agreement. What can I do?
8. Who can I speak to about changing school district boundaries?