The Fair Housing Council of Orange County provides a range of fair housing services, including housing discrimination response, landlord tenant relations, housing information and counseling, and community education programs. Many of the persons served by this program are likely to be extremely-low-income. The City will support the Fair Housing Council by promoting these services. In addition, the City will:
- Ensure that all development applications are considered, reviewed, and approved without prejudice to the proposed residents, contingent on the development application’s compliance with all entitlement requirements.
- Accommodate persons with disabilities who seek reasonable waiver or modification of land use controls and/or development standards pursuant to procedures and criteria set forth in the applicable development regulations.
- Work with the County to implement the regional Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice and HUD Consolidated Plan.
- Facilitate public education and outreach by posting informational flyers on fair housing at public counters and libraries, and on the City’s website.
- Conduct public meetings at suitable times, accessible to persons with disabilities, and near public transit. Resources will be invested to provide interpretation and translation services when requested at public meetings when feasible.
- Encourage community and stakeholder engagement during development decisions.