The Planning Division is responsible for the application and administration of the City’s Zoning Code and policies and procedures relating to land use and development within the City. The Planning Division encompasses both current and advance planning functions of the City and compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Architectural and Site Plan Review
- Processing of Development Entitlements
- Conditional Use Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
- Precise Plans
- Zoning Code Compliance
- Tract Maps / Parcel Maps
- Zoning Verification Letters
Current Planning includes the processing of applications for Conditional Use Permits, Precise Plans, residential and commercial remodels, signage, temporary use permits, and design review. The Division prepares and presents completed applications for developments / permits to the Development Committee and City Council.
The Planning Fee Schedule adopted by the La Palma City Council lists all current Planning & Zoning fees for administrative and discretionary approvals for the current fiscal year.
The latest Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA) adopted fee schedule for Planning and Development Services is available by clicking here.
The latest California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) adopted Environmental Document Filing Fee Schedule for CEQA Documents is available on the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website and can be accessed by clicking here.
Projects Currently Under Review
- Precise Plan 290 - 8082 Walker Street - La Palma Christian Center Electronic Monument Sign
- Precise Plan 288 / Conditional Use Permit 390 - 6591 Walker Street - Digital Display Billboard
- Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for a Digital Display Billboard at 6591 Walker Street (Precise Plan 288 above).
- Precise Plan 287 / Conditional Use Permit 389 / Variance 2022-01 - 8415 Meadowlark Lane - AT&T Wireless Facility Pine Tree
- Artificial Turf Permit (Application)
- Business Sign Permit (Application)
- Community Event Permit (Application, Guide)
- Discretionary Permits - Precise Plan, Conditional Use, Master Sign Plan, etc. (Application)
- Film Permit (Application, Guide)
- Garage / Yard Sale Permit (Application)
- General Plan Amendment (Application)
- Lot Line Adjustment (Application )
- Outdoor Display & Seating Permit (Application, Guide)
- Request for Donation/Contribution (Application)
- Subdivision Map (Application, Guide)
- Temporary Sign Permit - Nonresidential (Application)
- Temporary Use Permit (Application, Guide)
- Variance (Application)
- Zone Change (Application)
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (Application)
- Block Party (Application, Fire Form)
Water Quality Templates
- Water Quality Management Plan (WQMP) (Document)
- Non-Priority Project Water Quality Plan (NPP) (Document)
State Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO) Updated 2015
- Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (2015) (Document)
- Water Budget Workbook for New & Rehabilitated Residential Landscapes (Workbook)
- Water Budget Workbook for New & Rehabilitated Non-Residential Landscapes (Workbook)
- Water Efficient Landscape Worksheet (Form)
- Water Efficient Landscape Certification (Form)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Sustainability Resource Finder
- Good Housekeeping Website's Easy Ways to Live Greener
- The American Society of Civil Engineers Website's Sustainability Resources