The City of La Palma Fiscal Year 2014-15 Budget was adopted by the La Palma City Council on June 17, 2014. Public copies of the budget documents are available for viewing on this website and at La Palma City Hall. Please note, Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF reader is required to view and print these PDF documents.
The City Council has begun the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 budget development process. This is always an important undertaking, and the process for this subsequent fiscal year takes on added importance given the numerous challenges facing the City.
Resident input is always encouraged and welcomed. The schedule below lists the City Council dates where the public will have the opportunity to engage in the budget development process. The dates listed below are all regular City Council meeting dates.
- March 18- Approval of Sustainable Financial Plan and General Fund Revenue Policy
- March 18- Presentation of proposed Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for FY 2014-15, plus 9 years
- April 15- Preliminary General Fund Budget numbers, review, and discussion
- May 20- Proposed Budget review and discussion; Department presentations and overviews
- June 3- Proposed Budget review and discussion
- June 17- Public Hearing to consider adoption of FY 2014-15 Budget
Extensive public participation is encouraged so the final budget can accurately match the community's needs and wants. Residents are encouraged to sign on to the City’s website and share their ideas through the Community Voice, a electronic forum that lets the public make suggestions and allows others to comment and vote on those ideas. Further, if you would like to receive email updates from the City regarding the budget process, please sign-up for our Notify Me service.
FY2014-15 Budget Discussion - June 6, 2014
Proposed FY2014-15 Budget - May 20, 2014
Draft FY2014-15 General Fund Budget and Proposed 5-year Capital Improvement Plan - April 15, 2014
Sustainable Financial Plan and General Fund Revenue Policy - March 18, 2014
Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for FY 2014-15 and out 9 Years - March 18, 2014