In September 2004, the Police Department reorganized and created a new unit known as the Administrative Support Bureau (ASB). ASB works in the Services Division and consists of a sergeant, a police officer, and a civilian management analyst.
The ASB is responsible for:
- Department training
- Internal affairs investigations
- Community and school outreach programs
- Volunteer coordination
- Disaster preparedness
- Public service announcements
- Assisting detectives with:
- Unsolved major crimes
- Media relations
- Homeland Security / Terrorism intelligence
The bureau also assists in organizing annual events, including the Department’s awards ceremony, the July Fourth Fitness Run, the Torch Run for Special Olympics, and a number of new projects.